Porirua City Council reserves the right to remove messages, contributions and followers on its social media pages that break the rules or guidelines of the relevant pages and the rules stated below.
Messages, contributions and images on the Council's social media pages must always be appropriate, relevant and polite.
Users of Porirua City Council social media pages should not:
- Use inappropriate language
- Post messages, contributions or images that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive.
- Post photos or videos of people without their consent
- Post copyrighted content without permission or acknowledging the content owner if the copyright allows
- Post the same message or content multiple times (spamming)
- Publicise personal information or contact details of yourself or others without permission
- Advertise products or services without prior permission from Porirua City Council
- Impersonate another
For more information please contact us on phone (04) 237 5089 and ask to speak to the Manager, Communications.