You must renew your dog registration before 1 July each year. There’s a penalty of $48.00 for late registration, which will apply if unpaid by the end of July.
We’ll send you a renewal notice in the mail in mid-June to remind you to renew your registration. If you’ve moved, please let us know so that your notice goes to the correct address.
Make sure you read our terms and conditions below about online payment before continuing.
Pay by credit card online using Visa or Mastercard.
Internet banking details
Porirua City Council
03 0547 0240008 01
Particulars: your name
Code: your phone number
Reference: DRG DogID
Pay by instalments
You can set-up a part-payment process with us to spread out the cost of registration.
Contact us now to set up part payments for registration due on 1 July that year. Just phone 04 237 5089.
All fees apply from 1 July 2019 including GST.
|Working dogs - neutered dog||$96.50|
|Working dogs - non-neutered dog||$96.50|
|Guide dog for the blind/hearing ear/companion dog||no fee|
|*Late registration fee - neutered/non-neutered dog||$48.00|
|Approved dog obedience/agility course - neutered dog||$109.50|
|Approved dog obedience/agility course - non-neutered dog||$165.00|
|Responsible owner scheme - neutered dog||$96.50 (a saving of $33)|
|Responsible owner scheme - non-neutered dog||$147.50 (a saving of $35)|
* As per statute the late registration penalty cannot be set at more than 50% of the registration fee.
These Online Payment Terms apply to the use of the online payment transaction services (the Services) for the payment of certain types of transactions as made available by Porirua City Council from time to time through the Porirua City Council website.
These Online Payment Terms constitute a contract between you and Porirua City Council (the Council). Please read them carefully. To make payment using the Services, you must accept these Terms.
Please note that the Online Payment Terms may be altered or added to by the Council at any time that the Council determines necessary, with or without notice. Please, therefore, ensure that you read the Terms carefully on each occasion that you use the Services.
It is strongly recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes.
Online Payment Terms
1. You may use the Services for the purposes of making payments to the Council where the Council offers the Services, provided that you do not:
In any way damage or disrupt the Services/operation of the Services.
Use the Services for any unauthorised or unlawful purpose.
2. You warrant that:
3. Payment may be made using only Visa or MasterCard.
4. The Council may contact you to confirm your credit card details.
5. All charges are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (if any).
6. All other payments must be paid in full and by no later than the final date for payment set out in the invoice/notice.
7. Upon completing a transaction using the Services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction information and other details are correct. The Council shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of the use of the Services or for loss of data or information caused by factors beyond the Council's control.
8. Once a payment has been made it cannot be cancelled.
9. The Council accepts no responsibility for refusal or reversal of payments, which shall be a matter between you and your credit card issuer.
Provision/collection of information
11. You acknowledge that the credit card information supplied by you in relation to the use of the Services is processed through a secure third party website. The only information supplied to the Council via the third party website is:
12. By using the Services you agree:
13. You hereby authorise the Council to collect information about you (including information about transactions processed by you) from time to time through this website. Any such information collected shall be treated in accordance with the Council's Privacy Statement, the Privacy Act 1993 and the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
14. Requests for refunds must be made in writing together with proof that you have paid more than the outstanding amount. Requests for refunds must be sent via email@example.com or addressed to the Council at PO Box 50218, Porirua 5240. If your request for a refund is granted the amount will be transferred to your nominated bank account.
15. If you dispute the outstanding amount on your account please contact us.
16. Payments using the Services are made through a secure third party website. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be entirely secure or private and any information provided by you (including credit card information) may be able to be read and/or intercepted by a third party. The Council shall have no liability for the interception and/or 'hacking' of any data or other unauthorised access to information provided by you for the purposes of the Services.
Exclusion/limitation of the Council's liability
17. To the extent permitted by law, the Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by you from the use of the Services. If, for any reason, the Council is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of your use of the Services, the Council's liability shall be limited to the amount paid by you through the Services or $100, whichever is the lesser.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
18. If the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to your transaction you may have rights or remedies that are not excluded or limited by clause 17. If you are using the Services for business purposes, the exclusions and limitations set out in clause 17 will apply and the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 are hereby excluded.
Use/availability of Services
19. The Council does not warrant or guarantee that the Services and/or your use of the Services will be error-free, immediate, virus free and/or continuously available or that the information provided through the Services will be complete, accurate and/or up-to-date.
20. The Council reserves the right to suspend, amend or cancel the Services at any time either temporarily or permanently.
PCC Website Terms and Conditions
21. These Online Payment Terms form part of our Terms and Conditions of Use, which apply to general Porirua City Council website usage. By agreeing to comply with the Online Payment Terms you also agree to comply with the Porirua City Council Website Terms and Conditions of Use. If there is a conflict between the Website Terms and Conditions of Use and these Terms, the Online Payment Terms shall prevail.
22. You agree to indemnify the Council for any loss, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the Council as result of:
23. The Online Payment Terms are governed by New Zealand law. The New Zealand Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any matter in connection with the Services and these Online Payment Terms.
All dogs must be registered before they are three months old. Come to our relocated Customer Services Centre on the Ground Floor of the BNZ Building, 16 Cobham Court, Porirua, from December 7 onwards, during business hours to complete an application form and pay the registration fee.
If you’re registering a new dog part way through the year, you’ll be charged only part of the annual fee up to 30 June.
You’ll need to give us information about:
If you’re transferring a dog from another area part way through the year, bring in your registration tags. You may not have to pay a fee.
You could be fined and your dog seized and impounded if you don’t register your dog. There are fines for an unregistered dog and for an uncontrolled dog. You’ll need to pay all fines and fees before we can release your dog.
When they’re away from their home property, all registered dogs must wear a colour-coded registration tag for the current year.
If your dog is older than three months and away from its home address without a tag, our Animal Ranger may impound it. To get your dog released, you’ll need to pay any fines and fees.
Come to our Customer Services Centre, 16 Cobham Court, Porirua, if your dog’s tag is lost or missing, and we’ll issue a new tag. There’s a $12.50 fee for a replacement dog tag.
We give a discount for:
See our fees schedule for more information.