To finalise the Recommended Option
Excessive delays are experienced by traffic exiting the Wall Pl precinct due to:
- Increased numbers of vehicles using Wall Pl
- Right turning vehicles exiting Wall Pl are holding up left turning vehicles
- Few gaps between vehicles using Main Rd.
The aim is to provide continued safe access to all businesses and road users using the Kenepuru Corridor for now and in the future.
Main Rd/Wall Pl
- Consideration of feedback received at the December 2019 Stakeholder meeting
- No crashes have been reported within 30m of intersection 2015-2019
Stage 1 (Immediate)
- Provide a Left Turn Slip Lane for vehicles exiting Wall Place
Stage 2 (Future)
- Widen Main Road to enable the construction of a North Bound Acceleration Lane in place of the Flush Median, footpath and a Traffic Island on Wall Place for pedestrians.