High risk of a crash due to a combination of:
- Excessively wide conflict area, ie the likelihood of a left turning vehicle colliding with a cyclist travelling up Raiha St is high
- Slip lane design not “safe system” ie a vehicle turning left into Broken Hill Rd may obscure a following vehicle from motorists waiting to turn right from Broken Hill Rd.
- Increased traffic volumes (Porirua Adventure Park/Transmission Gully)
The aim is to provide continued safe access to all businesses and road users using the Kenepuru Corridor for now and in the future.
Raiha St/Broken Hill Rd
- numerous heavy vehicles
- over dimension vehicle route
- cycling route
- no crashes within 30m of intersection 2015-2019
Channelised intersection, reduced risk.