This programme is under review. If you would like to be a participant in any future programme, please contact us via [email protected] and we’ll keep you updated. See below for the benefits of the previous programme.
Turn your new business idea into reality
A popular six-month incubation programme created to help you validate your ideas and build a sustainable business from Porirua. Participating small business founders will receive access to advice, mentoring, connections to networks and support to turn ideas into stand-alone, growing businesses that can grow, survive, and thrive.
What your business will receive
Porirua Launch Lab provides a range of 1:1 support, peer learning and range of events to support business growth and business owner connection.
- Each business will work with a Launch Lab coach.
- The role of the coach is to provide advice, guidance and connections.
Peer-to-peer knowledge sessions
- Participants in the programme will get together on a regular basis to share knowledge and give each other feedback.
Access to external mentors / experts
- Participants will have access to a range of mentors and experts.
Workshops & talks
- Regular workshops and talks delivered by guests covering a wide range of start-up-related topics.
Access to business networks
- Participants will receive access to a range of business networks and other support services
"We took part in the Porirua Launch Lab in 2020. We are really grateful for the opportunity and would definitely recommend others to give it a go." - SOLID Oral Care, Titahi Bay, Porirua
SOLID Oral Care make sustainable, effective fluoride toothpaste and oral care products locally in Titahi Bay
- We are looking for innovative products or services - NOT agencies, consultancies and standard service businesses.
- Participants must be committed to building a business (not just a hobby).
- Participants must be based in Porirua.
- Participants must be able to be present and active each week to meet with their mentor/coach.