Phone: (04) 237 1401
Porirua City’s Chief Executive is solely responsible to the elected members for all policy advice and management of Council affairs.
Five General Managers report to the Chief Executive. They are jointly responsible for managing Council activities and delivering its strategic priorities.
Pouwhakahaere Hanganga / Tumuaki Tuarua
General Manager Infrastructure / Deputy Chief Executive
Phone: (04) 237 5089
Andrew manages the Infrastructure Group, which is responsible for:
- leading planning and maintenance of Council's infrastructure (including roading) and utility assets
- ensuring the provision of transportation, water, stormwater, sewage disposal and solid waste services
- leading the work programme on waste minimisaton and harbour riparian planting
Pouwhakahaere Ratonga Rangatōpū/Kaiārahi Pūtea Matua
General Manager Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer
Phone: (04) 237 1223
Jo is in charge of Corporate Services as well as being Chief Financial Officer. Her teams are responsible for providing support services to Council and the public and monitoring performance, which include:
- financial reporting, commercial, procurement, rates, accounts receivable and payable
- project and programme management
- information, communication and technology
- corporate support and records management
- internal auditing.
Pouwhakahaere Whakamahere Kaupapahere me ngā Ratonga ā-Ture
General Manager Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services
Phone: (04) 917 1004
Nic manages the Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services group, which is responsible for:
- overseeing and monitoring the city’s economic, environmental, cultural and social wellbeing, the Long-term Plan, Annual Plan, Annual Report, and changes in the District Plan and heritage management
- monitoring and enforcing regulations, including applications and complaints under the Building Act, Resource Management Act and District Plan, environmental health inspections and animal control services.
Pouwhakahaere Hapori me Ngā Pātuitanga
General Manager Community & Partnerships
Phone: (04) 237 1510
Reuben is the General Manager Community and Partnerships. His responsibilities include:
- managing partnerships with key stakeholders and community groups, including grants and village planning;
- delivering community services including libraries, recreation and cultural services;
- developing initiatives for population and economic growth, consultation and engagement;
- delivering the City Centre Revitalisation project;
- managing the city’s property portfolio;
- coordinating and promoting Council’s democratic processes.
Pouwhakahaere Iwi me te Kaha
General Manager People and Capability
Phone: (04) 237 1408
Jerry leads the People and Capability group, which has responsibility for:
- organisational development, workforce planning, and strategy and policy advice on employment relations
- human resources services
- health and safety services
- emergency management for the city.