Porirua City is at the orange setting of the traffic lights protection framework. This means some changes to the way we work and live, as protections are in place to help minimise the spread of Covid-19 in the community. Find out more
KiwiRail and its contractor Downer will be working at Plimmerton Station during the Easter and Anzac weekends.
During these periods, they are:
• demolishing part of the platform at the south end of the station
• removing the pedestrian crossing permanently
• progressing work in the underpass
Some of the work will be 24 hours. They will do their best to keep disruption to a minimum.
Replacement bus services will stop near the Palmers Garden Centre.
Please note the changes to access:
- The underpass at the north end of the platform will be temporarily closed while work is happening
- The Domain car park will be closed during Easter as a safety precaution, as heavy vehicles will be operating in the area
- From Thursday 14 April, the pedestrian crossing at the south end of the platform will be permanently closed.
- During Easter and Anzac, to get to the Plimmerton shops from the State Highway, access will be via the Steyne Avenue level crossing only.
Covid-19 may have an impact on work timelines and Metlink services.
Thanks for your patience as this important work is carried out.
20 Mar 2022