KiwiRail and its contractor Downer will be working at Plimmerton Station during the Easter and Anzac weekends.
During these periods, they are:
• demolishing part of the platform at the south end of the station
• removing the pedestrian crossing permanently
• progressing work in the underpass
Some of the work will be 24 hours. They will do their best to keep disruption to a minimum.
Replacement bus services will stop near the Palmers Garden Centre.
Please note the changes to access:
- The underpass at the north end of the platform will be temporarily closed while work is happening
- The Domain car park will be closed during Easter as a safety precaution, as heavy vehicles will be operating in the area
- From Thursday 14 April, the pedestrian crossing at the south end of the platform will be permanently closed.
- During Easter and Anzac, to get to the Plimmerton shops from the State Highway, access will be via the Steyne Avenue level crossing only.
Covid-19 may have an impact on work timelines and Metlink services.
Thanks for your patience as this important work is carried out.
20 Mar 2022