West is best for the MTB experience
Mountain bikers are spoilt for choice for trails in the hills to the west of Porirua. View Te Ara a Rangituhi map (pdf).
Here are our picks for a great ride:
- Spicer Link: shared easy 2-way trail, 2.9km length – a great trail for the whole family to enjoy
- The Doctor: shared easy 2-way trail, 1.6km length – ride through regenerating forest in Colonial Knob Scenic Reserve
- Chimney Sweep: intermediate trail through farmland, 655m length
- Tumeke: intermediate downhill trail, 1.25km length.
- Crash Palace: expert downhill trail, 900m length – for the skilled and fearless MTB fan.
- Te Ara Tai Tonga: shared easy track, 1.8km length - connecting tracks leading to Spicer Botanical Park to tracks in Wellington City