Animal and insect pests

Let's face it, some animals and pests can be hōhā. If there are bees, wasps, or vermin in our public land, parks, and reserves, get in touch and we'll sort it out.

If you see any vermin, wasps or bee nests in a public place, let us know and we will deal with them. (Owners are responsible for removing these kinds of pests from private property.)  

There are a number of ways to report animal and insect pests:

  • Phone us on (04) 237 5089
  • Log a service request below
  • Or use Antenno (a FREE mobile app, the quickest way to tell us about a problem). Download it here

Report animal and insect pests - Log a service request with MyPorirua

We are available online through MyPorirua, where you contact us or log a service request. You can create an account to keep track of your request and view any updates. If it's urgent, please call us on (04) 237 5089, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Emailing a photo?

If you wish to send any photos in support of your request or advice, please email them separately to [email protected] and we'll attach them to your record in our systems.

For pests in regional parks, which are owned by Greater Wellington Regional Council, phone 0800 496 734 or go to their Pest Animals webpage.