Overweight vehicles

If you're driving an overweight or oversized vehicles, please watch out for our roads and bridges. Some are off limits.

Apply for an overweight vehicle permit

To apply for a Porirua City overweight vehicle permit:

Please allow five (5) working days for your permit to be processed - if your application has all the information we need.

Applications for continuous permits and extremely heavy loads will take longer.

Recommended pages:

If your route takes you on state highways, you'll need to apply for a permit through the NZTA portal.