Covid-19 Update


Porirua City is at the orange setting of the traffic lights protection framework. This means some changes to the way we work and live, as protections are in place to help minimise the spread of Covid-19 in the community. Find out more

For up to date information about alert levels, community cases, and getting tested visit and

Council facilities & services Covid-19 welfare information Small business support


Drones are becoming more popular, but make sure you obtain a permit when flying over Council land.

Apply to us for a permit

You need a permit to operate a radio controlled flying machine ("drone") over Council land.

We have a few conditions you need to comply with:

  • keep away from flying overhead large crowds;
  • don't cause a nuisance to other park and reserve users;
  • don't photograph children in children’s playgrounds or playing sport;
  • comply with CAA rules, our city bylaws and our Reserve Management Plan rules;
  • report any damage you cause to us on phone (04) 237 5089. 

When approved and authorised, we will issue a permit which must be available for inspection when requested by a Council Officer or a member of public.

Apply online

Please complete all mandatory fields with a

Describe aircraft including wing span, propulsion source and weight
Describe size, propulsion source, weight and if camera fitted
By submitting this application, I agree to comply with Civil Aviation Authority rules, Porirua City Bylaws and Reserve Management Plan rules.

Recommended pages:

See the following links for more information.